Please note our sale will be ending on January 25; if you’ve been contemplating a purchase, make it before the sale ends! Click or tap here to see the sale items, or shop your favorite category.
Valentine’s Day Zoom meetings: Tafoya family and Plummer family
Last year’s Zoom meetings helped create community and generated income for the artists, whose payout we increased because of the pandemic. We’re starting 2021 with two of our most popular Zoom families:
Lorenzo and Mary Tafoya and family, Saturday February 6 at 1 PM Eastern time
Earl and Jennifer Plummer and family, Sunday February 7 at 2 PM Eastern time.
As an added incentive to join us, we’ll be raffling off beautiful items by the artists. See the items below. *
Click/tap here to sign up for one or both of the Zoom meetings. There is no fee to participate.
Established in 2000 by David and Ann Shultz, Home & Away Gallery has almost twenty years of experience showcasing authentic contemporary Native American art for sale. We specialize in Native American jewelry, sculptures, prints, and carvings from many Inuit, Native Alaskan, Eskimo, and Southwestern nations, award-winning Native American baskets made in Maine, and so much more.
Please call 207-423-8473 prior to visiting the exclusive Home & Away Gallery in Kennebunkport, Maine. We would love to show you our gallery in person or simply discuss Native American art over the phone.
Types of Native American Art for Sale
Home & Away Gallery is where you can expect to find the following Native American art for sale:
- Alaskan Native Carvings – An assortment of carvings from Alaska made from walrus, mammoth, or mastodon ivory, whale bone, and more. Find Alaskan Native carvings for sale.
- Alaskan Native Sculptures – Alaskan Native sculptures fuse regional materials such as wood, stone and ivory into traditional and contemporary art. Find Alaskan Native sculptures for sale.
- Baskets – The largest collection of Native American baskets from Maine as well as Cherokee baskets, Eskimo baskets, and Northwest Coast baskets. Find Native American baskets for sale. In 2017, David wrote Baskets of Time, an important guide to contemporary Maine Indian Basket Makers.
- Beadwork – Native American beadwork derived from traditional porcupine quill work. Originally using beads imported from Eastern Europe, contemporary bead workers commonly use beads from Japan now. Find Native American beadwork for sale.
- Bracelets – We have a large selection of authentic Native American bracelets, including Navajo turquoise bracelets and Native Alaskan bracelets. Find Native American bracelets for sale.
- Earrings – Native American earrings are typically fashioned using turquoise, silver, lapis lazuli and other high-quality materials. Find Native American earrings for sale (turquoise and more).
- Inuit Art Drawings – Inuit art drawings by authentic Inuit artists that depict and preserve precious elements of fine Inuit tradition and lifestyle. Find Inuit art drawings for sale.
- Inuit Sculptures – Inuit sculptures are made out of regional rocks such as argillite, soapstone and serpentine. Find Inuit sculptures for sale that can immortalize wildlife and even tell great legends.
- Necklaces – Native American necklaces made of turquoise, copper, silver, gold and much more. Find Native American necklaces for sale from the Navajo, Eskimo, Shawnee and other tribes.
- Pins – Native American pins and pendants are often crafted out of sterling silver with turquoise to resemble birds, feathers and other sacred symbols. Find Native American pins for sale.
- Prints – Long before graphic paper, the Inuit made intricate designs on animal skins, ivory, stone and horn. We carry stone cuts, lithographs, etching, and aquatint Inuit prints. Find Inuit prints for sale.
- Rings – Native American rings are often made of sterling silver and set with turquoise, coral, lapis lazuli and shell. Find Native American rings by award-winning artists at Home & Away Gallery in the right size for you.
- Two-dimensional Artwork – From watercolors to prints, we have amazing 2D Native American art for sale as well as an exclusive section dedicated to authentic 2D Native Alaskan artwork.
- Vintage – We have vintage Native American jewelry for sale that is between 15 and 80 years old. Discover vintage Native American jewelry made of turquoise, silver, and much more.
- Wall hangings – Find applique wall hangings for sale by Native Inuit artists using all-wool fabrics and background. Modern Inuit wall hangings may also use velvet, polyester and other materials.
- Wood carvings – Find authentic Native American wood carvings for sale such as beautiful root clubs, bowls, and various figurines, animal and otherwise.
- Zuni Fetish – A Zuni fetish is a special type of animal carving that was traditionally used in religious ceremonies. Find a Zuni fetish for sale that speaks to you and learn more about its full history.
Check out our new video archive. Click on any of the images below to view it.
* Participants must be present at time of drawing to win raffle items.