We have decided to liquidate our Inuit sculpture inventory in order to focus on other areas of interest in the gallery. Use code Inuit25 in the coupon field of the shopping cart to receive a 25% discount* or call 207 423-8473.
Our next scheduled Zoom meeting is with Althea and Joe Cajero: video tour and chat September 12, 2 PM Eastern time.
Keep an eye on this page though; we may schedule other meetings.
Until further notice, Home & Away will be paying a significantly higher percentage of retail price than the norm for new purchases from artists. Every purchase you make helps artists get through these difficult times, when so many of their shows have been canceled. Help support living Native American artists!
Some recent additions to the website. See more...
Mary Tafoya Double Side Mosaic Earrings$125.00 Add to Cart
Mary Tafoya Stacked Earrings$65.00 Add to Cart
Mary Tafoya Thunderbird Necklace with Turquoise Beads$485.00 Add to Cart
Sam Dimmick Bone Bear with Walrus Tusk Companions$1,250.00 Add to Cart
Sam Dimmick Bone Walrus Plus$1,050.00 Add to Cart
Sam Dimmick Carved Walrus Tusk$1,400.00 Add to Cart
Established in 2000 by David and Ann Shultz, Home & Away Gallery has almost twenty years of experience showcasing authentic contemporary Native American art for sale. We specialize in Native American jewelry, sculptures, prints, and carvings from many Inuit, Native Alaskan, Eskimo, and Southwestern nations, award-winning Native American baskets made in Maine, and so much more.
Please call 207-423-8473 prior to visiting the exclusive Home & Away Gallery in Kennebunkport, Maine. We would love to show you our gallery in person or simply discuss Native American art over the phone.
Types of Native American Art for Sale
Home & Away Gallery is where you can expect to find the following Native American art for sale:
- Alaskan Native Carvings – An assortment of carvings from Alaska made from walrus, mammoth, or mastodon ivory, whale bone, and more. Find Alaskan Native carvings for sale.
- Alaskan Native Sculptures – Alaskan Native sculptures fuse regional materials such as wood, stone and ivory into traditional and contemporary art. Find Alaskan Native sculptures for sale.
- Baskets – The largest collection of Native American baskets from Maine as well as Cherokee baskets, Eskimo baskets, and Northwest Coast baskets. Find Native American baskets for sale. In 2017, David wrote Baskets of Time, an important guide to contemporary Maine Indian Basket Makers.
- Beadwork – Native American beadwork derived from traditional porcupine quill work. Originally using beads imported from Eastern Europe, contemporary bead workers commonly use beads from Japan now. Find Native American beadwork for sale.
- Bracelets – We have a large selection of authentic Native American bracelets, including Navajo turquoise bracelets and Native Alaskan bracelets. Find Native American bracelets for sale.
- Earrings – Native American earrings are typically fashioned using turquoise, silver, lapis lazuli and other high-quality materials. Find Native American earrings for sale (turquoise and more).
- Inuit Art Drawings – Inuit art drawings by authentic Inuit artists that depict and preserve precious elements of fine Inuit tradition and lifestyle. Find Inuit art drawings for sale.
- Inuit Sculptures – Inuit sculptures are made out of regional rocks such as argillite, soapstone and serpentine. Find Inuit sculptures for sale that can immortalize wildlife and even tell great legends.
- Necklaces – Native American necklaces made of turquoise, copper, silver, gold and much more. Find Native American necklaces for sale from the Navajo, Eskimo, Shawnee and other tribes.
- Pins – Native American pins and pendants are often crafted out of sterling silver with turquoise to resemble birds, feathers and other sacred symbols. Find Native American pins for sale.
- Prints – Long before graphic paper, the Inuit made intricate designs on animal skins, ivory, stone and horn. We carry stone cuts, lithographs, etching, and aquatint Inuit prints. Find Inuit prints for sale.
- Rings – Native American rings are often made of sterling silver and set with turquoise, coral, lapis lazuli and shell. Find Native American rings by award-winning artists at Home & Away Gallery in the right size for you.
- Two-dimensional Artwork – From watercolors to prints, we have amazing 2D Native American art for sale as well as an exclusive section dedicated to authentic 2D Native Alaskan artwork.
- Vintage – We have vintage Native American jewelry for sale that is between 15 and 80 years old. Discover vintage Native American jewelry made of turquoise, silver, and much more.
- Wall hangings – Find applique wall hangings for sale by Native Inuit artists using all-wool fabrics and background. Modern Inuit wall hangings may also use velvet, polyester and other materials.
- Wood carvings – Find authentic Native American wood carvings for sale such as beautiful root clubs, bowls, and various figurines, animal and otherwise.
- Zuni Fetish – A Zuni fetish is a special type of animal carving that was traditionally used in religious ceremonies. Find a Zuni fetish for sale that speaks to you and learn more about its full history.
* 25% discount applies only to Canadian Inuit sculptures that are in stock and paid in full at time of purchase. It does not apply to prints, wall hangings, or any other Canadian Inuit items, nor does it to apply to Alaskan work or any other categories of work.